Well the answer to that is simple – because we can offer you the very best of all worlds in a riding holiday:
1. Amazing horses for all abilities and every one of them just waiting to form a partnership with you to explore the fantastic country side around here on a different route each morning.Â Tanya and Chris have travelled all over France to find just the right characters to add to our herd in addition to our own homebred youngsters who have been slowly brought on until ready to join the teamÂ They are all well schooled, alert and loving life as much loved members of our family.Â This year we hope to have two of our home bred youngsters joining the team –Â Echo and Dream – in addition to out thoroughbred mare City and an additional Merens called Valkyrie aka Vallou.
2. Rides each morning are for around 3 hours in a world almost forgotten by time.Â You will ride along our many miles of chemin rurale without touching a main road through some stunning countryside offering a wealth of nature at different times of the year – fields overflowing with wild orchids, narcissi and a myriad of other wild flowers.Â Along shady woodland tracks, through open countryside and meander through tiny hamlets where you may see the odd tractor driven by a local farmer who will always offer a friendly greeting.
3. Beautiful and comfortable accommodation in a 16th century chĂ˘teau situated in around 150 acres of land used solely for grazing our horses and making fantastic hay.Â We have 2 double rooms, one twin and one which can be either double or twin with a super kingsize bed which splits into two when required.Â All rooms are en suite and have a view over either the paddocks around the house or directly onto the garden.Â There are several shady places to relax in the garden as well as the pool (with pool towels provided) which is in a very secluded area and open from May to September.Â Next to the pool is a stone bread oven which houses a supply of cold drinks to keep you refreshed whilst relaxing.Â TheÂ vaulted dining room on the ground floor has an original stone fireplace and metre thick walls which make it a cool refreshing room at all times.Â On the first floor is an extremely comfortable salon with another original stone fireplaceÂ where everyone meets for a glass of wine and to chat over their day before dinner.Â You are of course welcome to useÂ this room at any time throughout your stay.
4. Thinking about food, we will make sure you are very well looked after in this respect.Â The majority of our salads and vegetables are home grown and travel all of 100m from the garden via the LaumiĂ¨re kitchen to your plate.Â Other produce is largely locally sourced.Â Our guests start their day with a continental style buffet breakfast consisting of a choice of cereals, fresh baked bread, brioche, croissants and a choice of mainly home made preserves, orange juice. tea/coffee and fresh fruit.Â Lunch after the ride is 3 courses – entrĂ©e, main course and cheese with a choice of various homemade chutneysÂ – wine. tea/coffee.Â Dinner after aperitif is again 3 courses -entrĂ©e, main course and desert – wine, tea/coffee.Â If told in advance we will also happily cater for gluten free, pescatarian and vegetarian diets.Â Our meals are innovative and made with a large variety of fresh seasonal ingredients.Â Â Â We are quite used to requests from our regular guestsÂ for their favorite meals and providing the ingredients are available at the time we are more than happy to oblige.
5. If you are not a rider, and quite a number of our guests aren’t, our area has many interesting villages/natural attractions within around half an hour’s drive that it would be easy to fill your time visiting.Â Walking, fishing and cycling are also popular pastimes.Â Alternatively,why not just switch off and relax by the pool or in a shady part of the gardenÂ and unwind with a book or not, the choice is entirely yours,in our incredibly peacefulÂ setting .
6. Lastly, as if the above reasons are not enough, with all of the ups and downs in the markets at present which may be causing concern over exchange rates, if you are coming from a sterling area you can pay us directly in GBP and once here, unless you decide to travel around the area, you will not need another penny.Â Â How does that sound?Â We look forward to hearing from you/ seeing youÂ soon.