In these conditions 'We' shall mean Riding at Château de Laumière Ltd. And the 'client' shall mean each person named on the Booking Form. By signing the Booking Form you agree to accept these conditions on behalf of yourself and all other persons named on the Booking Form.
1. The agent making the booking acts only as a reservations agent making bookings on behalf of applicants for a holiday with Château de Laumière Ferme Equestre. We accept responsibility for arranging, with due diligence and attention, any reservations for a holiday with us, but cannot accept any liability due to any failure or shortcoming in respect of the holiday, or any loss, damage or injury arising out of omission of carriers or third parties, or cancellation of the holiday in circumstances beyond our control. '
2. Riding is a high-risk sport. Every effort is taken to ensure the clients are suitably mounted, but all horses can behave unpredictably. Therefore, all activities are undertaken at the risk of the client.
3. The deposit of 25%, which is non-refundable, must be paid and is accepted as part payment of the total price. The balance of the cost of the holiday shall be paid no later than eight weeks before date of arrival. Should the balance not be paid by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as a cancellation and levy cancellation charges.
4. A contract will only be constituted between the client and us once a completed Booking Form and deposit have been received by us, and written notification of acceptance has been sent by us to the client. If you book vacancies by telephone, the completed Booking Form and deposit must be received within seven days, otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the reservation.
5. If the client cancels his or her booking more than eight weeks before date of arrival, any money paid, less the
deposit, will be refunded. No money can be refunded if cancellation is made within eight weeks of date of arrival. Cancellations must be made in writing and must be signed by the signatory to the Booking Form, and is only effective when received and acknowledged by us.
6. We will be under no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, vexation, distress, disappointment,inconvenience or irregularity suffered by the client unless and to the extent that the same has been proved to have been caused by our negligence. Luggage, valuables and all other personal effects at all times and in all circumstances are at the client's risk unless and to the extent that loss or damage is proven to have been caused by our negligence. All clients must have as a condition of booking full and sufficient accident, injuries and medical insurance to cover the duration of their holiday and must bring with them when they come on holiday the insurance details and receipt.
7. We reserve the right, without previous notice, to cancel or withdraw any holiday, and in such event the full sum paid by the client shall be refunded to him and upon tendering the same, our liability to the client for the said cancellation or withdrawal shall cease.
But if any holiday or part thereof does not take place by reason or circumstances beyond our control including, but without limitation, war, riot, civil disturbance, government action, strike, lock-out, inclement weather, quarantine or Act of God, then we shall be entitled to deduct from the refund any sums expended by us in the arrangement of the said holiday, or part thereof, plus a reasonable sum for overhead expenses.
8. It is obligatory for your own safety that you wear a hard hat at all times whilst mounted — you should bring your own to ensure a good fit. Whilst riding or in the vicinity of horses, you must comply with the instructions of your guide. It is a condition of your booking that you accept that the guide is entitled to require you to dismount or to refuse to allow you to ride if for any reason, such as ability, behaviour or health, they consider that you may endanger the safety or welfare of the horses or any person. No refund will be made to clients whose ability, physical fitness or behaviour endangers the safety or welfare of themselves, horses or other clients and who are consequently unable to complete their holiday.
Nor is it possible to refund monies to clients who, for reasons of health or fitness, are unable to start or complete their holiday. If you have any medical problem or disability which may affect your booked arrangements you must advise us in writing at the time of booking, giving full details. If we feel unable to properly accommodate your particular needs, we must reserve the right to decline/cancel your booking.
9. All information contained in the brochure, website and enclosures is published in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of going to press. However, the provision of certain facilities therein referred to may be limited, not available at certain times or subject to weather conditions etc.
10. Where members of groups diverge from concluded arrangements, no allowance can be claimed or will be admitted for accommodation, meals, drinks and other expenses and no refunds can be claimed.
11. All passport, visa, health certificate requirements are the responsibility of the client and we cannot accept any responsibility for any delay or expenses incurred through any irregularity in a client's documents.
12. Late Bookings. We accept bookings up to shortly before date of arrival, but any bookings received within 8 weeks of date of arrival must be paid in full via direct bank transfer. Account details for this will be sent on receipt of booking form.
13. This contract is governed by, and shall be interpreted in accordance with, English law.
Riding @ Château de Laumière Ltd
Registered Office: 162/164 High Street, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 7BS
Company Registration No. 3415240